Linkedin is great resource for anybody doing any type of business that involves interacting with other people. So basically everyone…
1. LinkedIn is like a 24/7 trade show that every one came to. (41 million users)
2. Conventional networking hubs like trade shows are in decline due to excess supply and low level attendees
3. You can search for references on potential employees, and customers.
4. No other social media platform will enable you to contact VP’s Directors and presidents of large B2B style clients.
5. You can get introduced by mutual connections.
6. It is a trust based asset . You can get referred , publicly and permanently, by industry professionals who others will take as a trusted source of information.
7. CV’s that are held in public are unlikely to employ artistic license.
8. You can get advice from groups of like minded professionals.
9. You can announce your availability, and see jobs related to your field of expertise without having to subscribe to email alerts !! (One of the many reasons why LinkedIn is going to wipe out job boards )
10. You can purchase the right to contact people. (Even though their email stays hidden from everyone!)
11. The value of a recruiter is dependent upon his ability to build and create a network on LinkedIn that is both deep and broad. (Changing their role from gatekeepers and anonymous holders of your CV, to trusted connections.)
12. You can still maintain your privacy and avoid spam easily.
13. You can contact people who are not presently looking for work . meaning they have no chip on their shoulder and are often not coming from a position where they are disgruntled.